So many places in Soho and not enough time. With close proximity to West End theaters and Chinatown, you can eat, drink, shop, see a play and visit a sex shop all in the same evening while seeing a C-list celebrity stumble out of a bar. This is one of my favorite areas of London, so I will be adding to this list.
My picks for Soho:
1. Algerian Coffee Shop. This caffeinated gem tucked away in Soho is alone worth sidestepping tourists. Established in 1887 and offering over 80 coffees and 120 teas from around the world, the assortment of spiced coffees blended for you in the shop is quite like Christmas morning for grown ups! Vienesse, a dark roast blended with figs, and the Lebanese blended with cardamom, are my favorites.
2. Amorino Gelato. Admittedly a European chain, this creamy goodness is a tempting late night treat as they fashion your gelato into a lovely rosebud! Coconut and the 71% Gran Cru Chocolate from Ecuador are my favorites.
3. Salsa & cigars at Floridita. Imbibe well crafted cocktails (beware the Zombie!) in a 1930's Havana inspired setting in between dance requests from strangers who sure can salsa. Great girl's night out.
4. Oysters at Hix. If you want to get your sweetie in the mood, start here!
5. Cox Cookies and Cake. If you're in the mood for a cola flavored, gothic or S&M cupcake, this place is for you! The Bling Cake is my favorite, but they do a pretty good red velvet I must admit, being from the south and all.