Thursday 24 May 2012

An Afternoon at The Pipe and Glass Inn in Beverley


One of my favorite things about living in the UK is the plethora of country villages all within easy reach of London, each seemingly with a plethora of country pubs to choose from!  My sweetie recently surprised me with an afternoon drive and lunch at The Pipe and Glass Inn. The Pipe and Glass, in the market village Beverley, is the winner of the Michelin Pub of the Year 2012. I will admit I'm still unsure exactly where Beverley is other than to say "somewhere in East Yorkshire". However, I would highly recommend stopping by, or better yet, booking a night in one of their two boutique suites and making a romantic weekend of it. The pub was lovely and as rustic as you can imagine with comfy leather sofas and cozy snugs near big fireplaces. The perfect setting to imagine yourself a gentry land owner stopping by for a pint, or someone from EastEnders.
The backyard


The herb garden

Yes, apparently cows in East Yorkshire too!
If you'd like to be a pub explorer, check out http://www.pubs.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment