Friday 1 July 2011

My favorite british tipples!

  • Any cocktail with elderflower! My favorite is St. Germain's Elderflower liqueur in a chilled flute topped with champagne. If I'm feeling particularly indulgent, I add a bit of muddled mint or cucumber.

  • Pimm's. The epononymous "spring has arrived" English drink with fresh strawberries, mint, orange slices and of course, more cucumber.
  •  Tea Time Martini at the Dorchester. The adult version version of afternoon tea served up in a fancy tea pot. Very Alice in Wonderland.  

    • Good ol' G & T with a twist of fresh lime. With fragrances of juniper, coriander and you guessed it, cucumber, I have now cultivated a deep appreciation of gin. And cucumber!
    •  Biddenden's Strong Kentish Cider. Be warned, it looks quite nice and innocent, but it is naughty afternoon in a bottle!

        No comments:

        Post a Comment